Temptation

“The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.”1 Corinthians‬ ‭10‬:‭13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Yesterday, a friend and I went to Legoland in Billund Denmark. Before this week I did not realise Lego came from Denmark. Billund is not a prominent or inportant place apart from Lego, I suppose as it does not strike one as imposing.

We lined up everywhere we went to see different attractions. While in one particular line my friend mentioned a person we both had known in the past. Without a blink I fell into gossip. I was horrified at my behaviour. Why did I do it? I had offense in my heart I didn’t know existed because of help asked from that person and refused years ago.

Hidden sin can open the door for gossip. I repented and now am asking the Holy Spirit for awareness and insight. What does bitterness and offense look like when hidden? I thought I had forgiven this person but apparently I had not.

Scripture says, “Look after each other so that none of you fails to receive the grace of God. Watch out that no poisonous root of bitterness grows up to trouble you, corrupting many.”Hebrews‬ ‭12‬:‭15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Bitterness and offense are deadly! Lord please open my eyes to these operating in my life I pray! Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing to others

Power to live a godly life

No surrender to fear