The tongue
“The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.”Proverbs 18:21 NLT
We love to talk, share our opinions and at times criticise. We should be aware that what we sow we reap, but somehow, forget.
When we intentionally speak good we cause life. We can encourage others, refuse to speak illness into ourselves and others, we can left up and cast down with our words.
Yesterday, my feet hurt and my left heel was particularly sore. It comes from all the walking we have been doing. My friend knew about my feet and was gracious. We rode push bikes around Copenhagen. We stopped to look at sights and finally had a light dinner at an Intalian restaurant. It was fun!
My friend was conscious of not pushing my feet too hard and I was conscious of not speaking death into my feet. It is amazing how well we can do when we manage our words. We had an excellent day and retired to sound sleep.
Today, we both catch flights to different places. I am off the Amsterdam for six days. I have booked tours of Corrie Tem Boons neighbourhood, Anne Frank’s house, The Hague, the dykes and canals. Best of all I have discover a church to attend on Sunday, Amsterdam City Church. I am staying at a women’s only hostel with the hope of meeting people and talking to them about Jesus. I will catch trains and buses and ride bikes.
At 1am I found myself awake and very aware of the Lord’s presence. I worshipped Him continually for that is all I can do when He shows up. He has that effect. Worship is for Him alone! Amen!
Comments
Post a Comment