Ask and receive

“I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭11‬:‭24‬ ‭NLT‬‬

It is interesting that the following verse is straight after this one:
“But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.” Mark‬ ‭11‬:‭25‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Holding grudges are easy to do and we don’t recognise we have them until we need to love that person. Then, the grudge falls out of our hearts and defies the love required.

In fact the grudge stands in the way of faith for answered prayer. When we discover the grudge repentance is required because we cannot move into faith with it there. It is a road block!

Today I determined to walk to the bank to hand in my latest visa and reopen the account. The people at the bank were most helpful. My feet started to hurt and after I had visited the last shop before going home I told the Lord my trouble and asked for help. Out of the blue a man came and offered to give me a ride on his motorbike. I knew his face but could not remember where. Later, after a rest, I remembered that this man worked at the swimming pool where I frequented. Initially he had been tough on me but over time he softened as my attitude to him stayed gracious. I am glad I had kept it soft because I would never have received his help today.

I am so grateful that I have Jesus in my life. He is my way, my truth and my life. Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing to others

No surrender to fear

Guard your heart