All my heart
“I will praise you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done. I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.” Psalms 9:1-2 NLT
This Psalm was supposed to be sung with the tune to a song: ‘for the death of a son’. It is a alphabetic acrostic, that is it is written with each line staring with a letter of the alphabet.
Whilst we know David lost a son, his first child with Bathsheba it is reckoned that the tune used was a popular one in the day he wrote the psalm. It so more a praise psalm to the Lord.
My constant challenge is to keep my mind on praising the Lord with all my heart, soul and mind. I find my mind wandering when I sing songs in my daily devotion.
Perhaps David’s habit of writing new Psalms kept him focused and kept him from wandering. I am thinking of find a new worship song. I have sung favourites for about a year now. When you sing words that no longer hold you in awe it is time to change.
It reminds me to spend time thanking the Lord for individual things He has done and honour Him in all He is doing. It so easy to slip in gratitude and honour and become repetetitive without realising it.
Praise and honour needs to be fresh what new things is God doing in your life? What can you praise Him for right now? Why not sing your own song? If you pray in tongues sing a new song in the Spirit! That will start the fresh flow! Amen!
Comments
Post a Comment