By His divine power
“By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.” 2 Peter 1:3 NLT
I have worked through 1 Peter and am now in 2 Peter in private study. Finding this Bible verse in my Bible App today was a blessing.
Have you ever sucked on a huge hard lolly? You cannot eat it all at once as it is too huge and would cause havoc in the oesophagus.!so you are obliged to suck on it patiently and enjoy the sugar hit. I prefer liquorice. However, you can buy hard blocks of that. I remember when I was growing up loving the Cho Cho bars.
I digress! Well much the same are portions of scripture. One such sceipture is found in 2 Peter 1:5-7
“For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love.” 2 Peter 1:5-7 NIV
The but that has me chewing my cud, so to speak, is: ‘supplement your faith with goodness’. Now, I am a woman of faith and therefore this grabbed my attention. How do I supplement faith with goodness? Jesus said, “only God is good!” When Moses asked to see God’s glory God replied, “I will hide you in the cleft of the rock and I will pass my goodness before you.”
So how does little old me produce goodness? I thought of the fruit of the spirit. Goodness is mentioned. Therefore, how do I produce goodness? Allowing the Holy Spirit to rule and reign. Simple! Not!!!
This morning while worshipping the lord He said to me, “I will give you all my goodness!” I said, “well I need to be a vessel of gold to hold your goodness, or I will pollute it or leak it or spill it”.
Purify my heart, let me be as gold, and precious silver,
Purify my heart let me be as gold, pure gold,
I choose to be holy, holy,
Comments
Post a Comment