Don’t worry
““So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.” Matthew 6:34 NLT
Each day does have its own worries. That is plenty for today. Allowing our minds to be captured with what ifs is crazy and a tool of the enemy.
Jesus had been teaching about trusting God for the days needs. He finished with this verse. He taught the people what we call The Lord’s Prayer, however, it is our daily prayer. One verse states: ‘give us this day our daily bread’. This reinforces the concept of ‘today’s needs are enough to be concerned with.
Jesus also said “seek first the kingdom of God and all these things will be added to you”. Our priority is upwards, our God is our provider.
This can also be applicable to allowing each days activities to be enough. For example, I am working on a business model. Anxiety comes along and says, ‘shouldn’t you be doing more, be more proactive, do this, do that!’ As I allow my God to be my timing and leader, all is good.
Today, I meet with a potential colleague. My concerns is God directs my steps. He is the craftsman, He is a master craftsman. I can trust Him! Amen!
Comments
Post a Comment