Faithful love
“The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!” The LORD is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the LORD.”
Lamentations 3:22-26 NLT
Lamentations was written by Jeremiah. Jeremiah had prophesied to the people of Jerusalem without fail and had been imprisoned, thrown in a well and treated shamefully by all including the king. Yet, in this chapter he identifies with those being judged, just as he had prophesied. He is often called ‘the weeping prophet’.
However, his words ring true to us so many years past where God’s people were being judged for their sins. God is near to us when we search for Him. His ears are open to our cries.
It is always good to turn to the Lord. He is always open to speak to our hearts. He is goodness itself, patiently waiting.
I do not need to depend on myself, I cannot trust myself with all that comes my way. I can trust Him. He knows the answer and He has a plan! Praise Him! Amen!
Comments
Post a Comment