Flesh or spirit

“But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!”Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭22‬-‭23‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Is fruit something we just talk about or are really engaged in producing. Are they relevant to the Christian life?

If the fruit of the Holy Spirit working in our lives is absent, then what are we? walking lies? Jesus told His disciples to take up their cross and follow Him. A cross crucifies. We must crucify our flesh. Paul goes on the say:
“Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there.” Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭24‬ ‭NLT‬‬

So that we know what to crucify, let’s look at the works of the flesh:
“When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.”Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭19‬-‭21‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I just awoke from a dream in which a prominent pastor I know married his eldest daughter. I was horrified. In the dream other people took no notice, his wife and other children later came, and I noticed they were not peturbed. I could not believe what I was seeing, and more I could not believe this man who I knew did such a thing.

Notice the first sin on the list is sexual immorality. Sexual immorality is exploding worldwide. The enemy is fast as work. Another dream I had last week was where a man, also a pastor, was withholding sexual intimacy from his wife. He spent time talking to a yellow woman. It was odd! I looked this up and the yellow woman represents a spirit that interacts with humans and acts like a bridge to the spirit world.

Now, you might be saying, “that’s not my sin!” However, are you a gossip, do you have an anger problem, selfish ambition is also mentioned. Things we have taken for granted as ‘just us’ are works for of the flesh.

Why not allow the Holy Spirit to work in your life to produce goodness, meekness, kindness and self control?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing to others

Guard your heart

The Good News