Remembering you

“I thank my God every time I remember you.”
In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭1‬:‭4‬-‭6‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Paul was saying he remembered the Philippians with fondness. This church partnered with him in his missionary work. For us who are on the mission field finding these people is a challenge but they are there.

Last visit home I discovered who mine were. They were people I had sowed my life into in regular Bible study week after week, and then there was a couple who stepped up as well. I now pray for them daily.

They were not the obvious, the rich or well connected. Yet they were the faithful, the committed and the loving.

Daily I pray for friends who are also on the mission field with me and have been in the past. Their committment to the gospel blesses me.

As I am constantly grateful for my saviour, I am also constantly grateful for the faithful. Stay faithful and you will be lifted up in prayer! Amen!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing to others

Guard your heart

The Good News