Rescued

“I love you, Lord; you are my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and he saved me from my enemies. The ropes of death entangled me; floods of destruction swept over me. The grave wrapped its ropes around me; death laid a trap in my path. But in my distress I cried out to the Lord; yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from his sanctuary; my cry to him reached his ears.” Psalms‬ ‭18‬:‭1‬-‭6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Yesterday we saw a small 5 year old girl rescued from underneath mud and rubble here in Nepal. Her home was one that was destroyed in the initial flood from the glacier. Her parents were able to escape as they were out from the house.

Today rescuers work to save those trapped underground in a hydropower station. According to the PM 324 have been rescued so far. The rescuers battle bad weather, mud and remaining foood water and very few tools to help. Initially the army were digging with shovels and their bare hands. The lack in of access and remoteness of the disaster area has hampered the rescue mission.

This disaster reminds me of this scripture. For us who trust in the Lord He rescues us from deep darkness. He is our saviour and help. David was singing this psalm as he was delivered from King Saul. David had been on the run for 13 years. Imagine living in caves for 13 years not knowing when your deliverance would come.

Thank You Lord for Your rescue! Thank You for Your salvation! Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing to others

Guard your heart

The Good News