Wednesday 7 November 2012

Lying Lips

In my distress I called to the Lord, and He answered me.
Lord, deliver me from lying lips and a deceitful tongue. Psalm 120:1,2

How easy is it to bend the truth?

A quick answer may come out and you find yourself thinking, mmm that was not quite what happened. Why did I say that? And before you know it you are making it right. Sounds like a lying spirit doesn't it. How sneaky is the enemy of our soul.

If we continue to allow this behaviour the slide is in place towards big, blatant lies that can cost us a fortune in lost credibility, relationships and favour.

We need to pray like David did: create in me a clean heart oh God!

We will be constantly faced with opportunities to lie or walk in truth. What will we choose?

Stress and pressure obscure facts and confuse us, maintaining correct balance can only be done as we come back to centre and He must be there.

He will deliver from lying lips and a deceitful tongue. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment