Monday 12 March 2018

The Richness of Christ


Let the message about the Messiah dwell richly among you, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, and singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
Colossians 3:16‭-‬17 HCSB

Last night my sister cooked us a lamb roast. She made a beautiful gravy which she poured over our meal. I grew up loving gravy. A roast meal without gravy is not a roast meal, in my opinion.

Living in Christ Paul tells us to allow the message about Christ to dwell richly among us. Much like a life without gravy is a life without the message of Christ.

I am visiting Tasmania with my eldest grandson. Yesterday whilst travelling I asked him to put on some music for me. I actually chose U2. The decision what music to put on came with the knowledge that my grandson does not love my Lord as I do, yet. He is 12. What music do I want him to know this trip by? Whilst I love my worship music, I know I must reel him in, as I did his father years ago. Now his father loves godly music. My son started out wanting to listen to Michael Jackson and eventually settled on Jars of Clay, who I introduced him to.

I want to share the richness of Christ with my grandson and pray for an open heaven. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment