Monday 12 March 2018

With Gratitude


Let the message about the Messiah dwell richly among you, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, and singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, with gratitude in your hearts to God.
Colossians 3:16 HCSB

The last part of the above sentence speaks of an attitude of gratitude. Gratitude is an attitude. We must choose to walk in the fruits of the Spirit: gratitude is an unnamed fruit of the Spirit. When we submit to Him our lives produce fruit that tastes good to the world.

What does gratitude taste like? It brings kindness with it. Gratitude isn't ruled by the eye or the ear but rather a heart for others.

Today I took my grandson to a Farmfest carnival. There we came upon a magnificent Leggo display. My grandson is a nut for Leggo and he went straight up to a model of a massive digger and knew where to turn it on. A scruffy young man stood by and I asked Him if the display was his, it was. I was impressed that he allowed my grandson to touch his creations. He was a wealth of information and most helpful, he was a blessing.

I found that many stall owners were pleasant and helpful. I was grateful. I am sure they were, in turn, grateful as I treated them with respect. Respect is what we all want and when we receive it, we shine. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment