Monday 1 January 2018

The New is Coming


“Do not remember the past events, pay no attention to things of old. Look, I am about to do something new; even now it is coming. Do you not see it? Indeed, I will make a way in the wilderness, rivers in the desert.
Isaiah 43:18‭-‬19 HCSB

Remembering the past is often filled either with pain, regret or longing. All different and all painful. If we are to embrace the 'new thing' God is planning, letting go is a prerequisite.

The benefit of letting go will not be known until we do 'let go!' In letting go of pain inflicted by others, often those we have loved, forgiveness is involved. I must forgive so that I will be forgiven. Bitterness hold me fast to a bad memory, in chains. Bitter people are ugly people. Bitterness comforts faces that are meant to smile into demonic snarls.

The joy of having a clean heart, one full of forgiveness is paramount. The freer I am the more God can use me for His glory and the more joy I bring to others.

A free heart stands on the ramparts eagerly looking for thr arrival of the new. As we celebrate New Year 2018 let us be those in the watchtower looking for the new to come, with a clean and humble heart. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment