Sunday 21 January 2018

The Tithe

Bring the full tenth into the storehouse so that there may be food in My house. Test Me in this way,” says the Lord of Hosts. “See if I will not open the floodgates of heaven and pour out a blessing for you without measure. I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not ruin the produce of your land and your vine in your field will not fail to produce fruit,” says the Lord of Hosts. “Then all the nations will consider you fortunate, for you will be a delightful land,” says the Lord of Hosts.
Malachi 3:10‭-‬12 HCSB

So often in church we hear this scripture preached. If we look it is an Old Testament scripture given to those under the law. Where does that put me? Jesus said He came to fulfill the Law. Jesus summed up the 10 commandments with two: love God and love your fellow man and if you do these you will fulfill the whole law.

If I love God with my whole heart do I give to Him? Do I want to honour Him with my wealth? Yes! How much should I give Him? The tithe is a good starting point, not because of law but love. Am I a Mary, to whom no expense is too great for Him? Or am I stingy and think of me first?

If He stood before me today what would I give Him? All! Anything He asked! Then I should go to church with a givimg heart. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment