Thursday 1 March 2018

Serving Willingly


Serve with a good attitude, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that whatever good each one does, slave or free, he will receive this back from the Lord.
Ephesians 6:7‭-‬8 HCSB

Serving takes many shapes. I can serve in my occupation, I can serve my friends and family and I can serve my neighbours. Last night I had a call from a neighbour. She was extremely distressed. She is 74 and facing unknown plumbing problems. She has a leak under the foundation of her house. She has not been sleeping and was anxious and tired.

This morning I went and visited her and consoled her. I am going away tomorrow. I had a lot to do today and my own world needed a lot of attention. Yet, taking time to care and give consolation was gratifying. Our God is a busy God yet He's got time for each of us. What is His secret? He loves us and cares for us. He makes room for us. How good is that?

I am made in His image and He is there for me. I can be there for others. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment