Sunday 8 April 2018

Ressurection adn Life

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in Me, even if he dies, will live. Everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die - ever. DO you believe this?" John 11:25-26

Lazarus had just died. Jesus did not come when Lazarus was sick because He knew Lazarus must die and He, Jesus, must raise him from the dead.

What stories Lazarus could tell later! What a testimony: 'I was dead and am now alive.'

when Jesus came to Lazarus' home Martha met Him and said: "If you had been here my brother would not have died." Jesus replied "Your brother will rise again." Martha said: "I know he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day." But Jesus replied: " I am the resurrection and the life."

The resurrection is not just a happening, it is the personhood of Jesus Christ. We all come alive in Him.

In His discussion with Martha Jesus removed the resurrection from an obscure event to a living relatable person, Himself.

Jesus is the resurrection and the life. I am restored and made alive in Him. Amen! How good is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment