Sunday 28 October 2018

Intense Love


Above all, maintain an intense love for each other, since love covers a multitude of sins.
1 Peter 4:8 HCSB

Intense love, that sounds foreign. Our love has been watered down and even hidden, we give likes on Facebook and that's about it, an occasional comment. How do we do intense love?

Jesus did intense love, He actually loved. He forgave, He spent time, He laid down His life for the unlovely, that is intense love.

I know a very few people who do intense love. They are relentless and frightening with their intensity. What does this love require of me? To be more that a passing train? How do I do intense love?

Intense love is not only for the lovely. How do I do it for all? Oh Lord have mercy! Forgive me my hardened heart! May you grace and mercy flow from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment