Wednesday 3 October 2018

Small Moments


But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may reside in me. So I take pleasure in weaknesses, insults, catastrophes, persecutions, and in pressures, because of Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:9‭-‬10 HCSB

Paul had been telling his readers he had a 'thorn in the flesh' from Satan which he had begged God to remove but God told him his grace was sufficient.

We may struggle with things that are not healed, removed from us or constantly dog us for a time or for always and we have to trust God through these experiences. His grace is indeed enough for us.

Grace is more than forgiveness of sin, it is a gifting and enabling power when we have nothing in ourselves. The experience is humbling and stops us from arrogance.

We need to investigate grace when in such times. What is in grace for us at these moments? I remember offering to pray for a lady who was ill one time and she said,"pray for yourself so you can hear properly." My hearing is a place I need grace as God will not talk to me about it. I wear hearing aids and even then, at times, it is difficult as tinnitus is also present and obscures what I can hear. You might say this is a humbling experience.

Grace sustains us. It is like being financially supported by a pensioner, it is humbling but provision is there. God is in these 'small' moments in our lives. Seek Him for His abundant grace. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment