Friday 16 November 2018

Clothed With Imortality


When this corruptible is clothed with incorruptibility, and this mortal is clothed with immortality, then the saying that is written will take place: Death has been swallowed up in victory. Death, where is your victory? Death, where is your sting? Now the sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ! Therefore, my dear brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the Lord’s work, knowing that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:54‭-‬58 HCSB

This chapter addresses a false teaching that had crept into the church: there is no resurrection of the dead. Paul goes for the lie and destroys it. He defends the truth of the gospel. Oh that we would have such tenacity.

Praise God for the victory over death. Death of the flesh is but the beginning of eternity for each of us. We have a glorious hope of a life with our God forever.

What does eternity look like? I do not have all the details as I am not eternal, yet. However the Book of Revelation gives us some idea and it is glorious. What will I be doing? I don't know but I will not be sitting around on a cloud plucking strings on a harp, that much I know. I am fascinated with the current known universe and the bible tells me there will be a new heaven and a new earth. Lots to explore.

I love my God and His word. There are many like minded people from the beginning of time. I have a lot of visiting to do. I want to spend time in my God's presence. He is good and His presence is awesome.

Paul tells us we have the victory in Christ. We have to seek Him and He will show us the way. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment