Sunday 30 December 2018

Remaining in Him


Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God — God remains in him and he in God.
1 John 4:15 HCSB

Having a testimony and looking for opportunities to share it is remaining in God. If I stay committed to anything be it exercise or diet or lifestyle I will invariably talk about it. We can't but help talk about what we are committed to.

John tells us the words of Jesus in the gospel of John. Jesus talked about abiding in Him in John 15. To abide is to remain. If I decide I will stay in a town and become a part of the community, I have chosen to abide there. If I decide to abide in Christ then I choose to stay in Him.

Abiding somewhere is not just existing on the fringes, it is becoming involved. How can you become involved? Look for a need and step into filling that role. Start to love that role and those affected by that service. Jesus didn't stay hidden. He stepped into His destiny. His destiny was in service to His world.

It is time to make plans for 2019. What will you do in 2019 that is different to 2018?

No comments:

Post a Comment