Wednesday 23 January 2019

A Companion

Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their efforts. For if either falls, his companion can lift him up; but pity the one who falls without another to lift him up.
Ecclesiastes 4:9‭-‬10 HCSB

I have lived many years alone, and it was lonely to a point, but then there was my God. He has been my constant companion. Now I have my mum live with me and the company is good and we accomplish much more together. Our latest project is arranging for a security screen door at the front of the house as we have good 'gully breezes' come down off our hill and at present our solid front door blocks them. What was to be simple has become complicated by an irregular shaped door frame. Just a small challenge.

Being all alone, without my God would be miserable. Perhaps this is why suicide is so high. The pain of loneliness is huge. Some love being alone and will even hide away in forests to be alone. However most like company. Solving problems is always better with a companion, just doing life is better with company. Cooking and eating in company is more fun.

God said Himself: it is not good for man to be alone. That is why He created Eve. He looked though all the animals and could not find a good companion and so He made one. This is God's plan. Let's remember that. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment