Saturday 26 January 2019

Prayer of Agreement


Again, I assure you: If two of you on earth agree about any matter that you pray for, it will be done for you by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there among them.”
Matthew 18:19‭-‬20 HCSB

I know the power of a prayer of agreement even when facing death. Many years ago my mum was facing a Pancrearic Cancer diagnosis yet I had the presence of mind to ask her what she believed and she did not believe she had this cancer but believed that whatever cancer it was she would have surgery, chemo and recover. Rather than put my concerns or ideas on her I said: "then let's agree in prayer that this will be so." It was so and she still lives. I knew at the time this was what God wanted.

When I can find someone to agree with me in prayer I know I have power in prayer. Smith Wigglesworth always looked for someone who would agree in prayer with him when called to pray for the sick. He struggled to find such a person. Many are captured with what their eyes see and the fear it exudes. Smith always looked to Jesus. When He saw Jesus he knew his prayers were answered.

Praying in faith is important and powerful. There are times when the only one who agrees with you is God. He is a good prayer partner.

Remember there is power in agreement. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment