Tuesday 7 May 2019

Death to the Old, Alive to the New

My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20 NLT

When I was a child I loved fairy stories. My favourites were the fair princesses being rescued by the handsome prince.

In Sleeping Beauty we see the prince having to cut through walls of briar to rescue Sleeping Beauty and face off with the dragon. I have been rescued by this prince and His name is Jesus. My enemy, the devil did not want me to know who I was, a child of the King and had me in a sleep, a death sleep, kept away from eternal life. Yet Jesus came! He rescued me and now I live for Him!

I must shine for Him! Rule and reign for Him for He is good, so good!

Yesterday ended two battles: my mum came home from hospital and I discovered I had finally won acknowledgement that all of my prior experience in the finance industry allowed me credit towards earning a degree in finance. Although I no longer work in the industry I had begun the study whilst still there and now I have completed something I began.

Completion and finishing the race are important to me. I will run this race with all endurance and attain the prize, the crown of glory that awaits me. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment