Wednesday 22 May 2019

Do You Believe

Anyone who believes in Him is not condemned, but anyone who does not believe is already condemned, because he has not believed in the name of the One and Only Son of God. John 3:18 HCSB

I would like to ask: what constitutes believing? Is it merely mental assent? Is it attending church on Sunday? Jesus told us that even the demons believe and some of them go to church.

Note the text says: believes in Him. Am I believing in Him and loving Him when I awake each day or is my mind filled with selfish thoughts? Do I long for Him, pant for Him as a deer pants for water?

Scripture tells us that in the last days the love of many will have grown cold, having a form of godliness but denying the power of it. How does this happen? Slowly!

In the book of Revelation we see the end of being lukewarm- we are spat out! Jesus cannot abide lukewarm!

How do I become warm again? Enter in to the fire of God. Seek Him, repent and ask for a new heart! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment