Thursday 4 July 2019

Boundaries of Freedom

For you were called to be free, brothers; only don’t use this freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but serve one another through love. Galatians 5:13 HCSB https://bible.com/bible/72/gal.5.13.HCSB

Being set free brings a wonderful sensation, a thrill to the spirit. However, we can't live for thrills, we must live in consideration of others.
Being blessed fills our hearts with joy but the joy must bring insight into behaviour. How am I bringing others along with me?
Last night I had Connect Group but I also needed to watch a webinar on the freedom of religion and talked to the connect leader about us all doing the webinar, he agreed. Setting up the webinar was fraught with difficulty and in the process, I had to ask the group to be quiet several times. The coordinator of the webinar had to ask the attendees, several times to mute their mikes, as they were chatting whilst listening. How can we talk and still listen?
Insight and understanding talked about in the book of Proverbs, are important attributes of our lives as Christians. How am I affecting others with my behaviour? The use of insight and understanding helps with our behaviour. Correspondingly it also helps us to not be offended by those who do not think.
Love conquers all! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment