Tuesday 28 May 2024

Purchased

“For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1‬:‭13‬-‭14‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Joseph was sold to slave traders by his jealous brothers; he was purchased as a slave by Potiphar. He worked as a slave in Potiphar’s house. However, at the right time, God purchased his freedom by giving him a gift of dream interpretation. This raised him to a status of prime minister at the stroke of a pen, or I should say stylus.

Jesus purchased our freedom from sin’s dominion by giving Himself as a sacrifice and dying on a cross. He paid for our debt and set us free so that we could live as sons and daughters of His Father, the King of all kings. Being a child of God has benefits.

Today, whilst in prayer, my flatmate remembered a tool in her possession that we needed to remove the filter on our kitchen tap. I knew how to use the tool and was successful in removing the filter, which was clogged with dirt. Once cleaned it was replaced.

This afternoon I took delivery of a small fan, it not only has three speeds, it has a water container where iced water can be put, and it emits a moist flow of cooled air, it also has three different settings for the fan, the water spray, a light and a timer. I had been looking to buy a fan as the atmosphere here is becoming very humid. One of my flatmates told me about this fan. It was so much cheaper than every other fan but is so much more manageable. In winter I can pack it away under my bed. I also bought a pair of riding goggles for motorbike riding. My helmet does not have a visor. The goggles are perfect.

How blessed am I? Very!

No comments:

Post a Comment