Friday 14 June 2024

A future and hope

“The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord.”Lamentations‬ ‭3‬:‭25‬-‭26‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I was attracted to this scripture as never do I see Lamentations in ‘word for the day’. Jeremiah the prophet wrote this book. He had reason to lament. He prophesied against the foolishness and sin of his people, warning they would be taken into captivity and for his efforts was thrown into a dry well, chained and laughed at. Thus he could say:
“The thought of my suffering and homelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!”Lamentations‬ ‭3‬:‭19‬-‭24‬ ‭NLT‬‬
 Jeremiah consoled himself in the goodness of God. Many are persecuted, many are refugees and homeless and they too can say, along with Jeremiah, ‘the Lord is my inheritance, therefore, I will hope in Him.’

As it seems that injustice abounds God is watching and as we put our faith in Him we can rejoice in His plans for us: a future and a hope. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment