Tuesday 25 June 2024

Never stop seeking

“As Jesus approached Jericho, a blind beggar was sitting beside the road. When he heard the noise of a crowd going past, he asked what was happening. They told him that Jesus the Nazarene was going by. 
So he began shouting, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” “Be quiet!” the people in front yelled at him. But he only shouted louder, “Son of David, have mercy on me!” 

When Jesus heard him, he stopped and ordered that the man be brought to him. As the man came near, Jesus asked him, “What do you want me to do for you?” “Lord,” he said, “I want to see!” And Jesus said, “All right, receive your sight! Your faith has healed you.” Instantly the man could see, and he followed Jesus, praising God. And all who saw it praised God, too.”Luke‬ ‭18‬:‭35‬-‭43‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Jesus did not seek this man out, He was walking by. When the blind man asked what was all the commotion the crowd ‘Jesus the Nazarene was passing’, yet, he called out ‘Jesus son of David have mercy on me!’ He recognised who Jesus was prophetically. Jesus called Himself the Son of Man, and claimed He was the Son of God, yet scripture called Him the Son of David.

I wonder if when this man heard about Jesus, did he ponder about what the scriptures had written about Him? After all, he could hear, his eyes were his problem. Was he waiting for this day, had he prayed for an encounter. Finally it had come and he was determined to met Jesus. No one would shut down this man’s voice. 

I had longed to know Jesus for around 15-16 years. When I finally found Him nothing would keep me away. Knowing Jesus personally and having Him speak to me was what I wanted. I have that now and no one can keep me quiet about this glorious salvation. I have a friend who lives in me and walks with me. 

Never stop seeking! Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment