Saturday 15 June 2024

Only the blood

“For none of those I first invited will get even the smallest taste of my banquet.”Luke‬ ‭14‬:‭24‬ ‭NLT‬‬ 

In the whole of Chapter 14 Jesus taught about the table, behaviour of guests and response to the invitation.

This verse comes after a teaching on the Jewish response to His invitation to come to Him and eat with Him. They, as a group, had refused to accept who He was. The way was being opened up to us Gentiles, we were the ones at the highways and byways, in the hedges. We were considered the scum of the earth by the Jewish leaders, but Jesus was showing that we would be welcomed in.

I am so grateful the way was made for me to come in. No longer is God the Father only the God you of the Jews, through His Son Jesus He is God for all.

Growing up in a Catholic home and attending a Catholic school, everyone outside of the fence of my school was a heather and doomed, or so we thought. However, I failed to realise that Romans 3:23 says: ‘all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God’. When I finally was humbled by the awareness of my own sin I was able to truely enter in to the salvation made available for me. Now I know that no religion can stipulate that belonging to ‘the church’ gives me immunity. The shed blood of Jesus opened the door for me, He alone is my saviour. Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment