Tuesday 2 July 2024

Divine encounters

“Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.” Then an angel from heaven appeared and strengthened him. He prayed more fervently, and he was in such agony of spirit that his sweat fell to the ground like great drops of blood.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭22‬:‭42‬-‭44‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I am so grateful that these passages are recorded. I have experienced times when it was as if heaven came to spend time with me before a disaster or difficulty or accident occurred. I remember, particularly the day my mother had a stroke. My time with the Lord that morning was particularly beautiful. Even when I sat to have my breakfast I sensed a divine presence sitting with me. It was a Sunday morning. The presence strengthened and encouraged me. Within 30 minutes my mother had a stroke. It was a difficult time but one we came through with God. I could see my mother had lost strength down her left side but with the right medication, within three days she walked normally.

Onky last week I had a divine encounter and went off swimming. On the way I sensed the presence of God. On the return trip I fell onto the main road, due to poor road conditions. As a I fell I looked down towards all the traffic and it all stopped. A young man came down to assist me, but apart from a few scratches I was fine. In that moment I knew I was loved.

Heaven is so involved in our lives. I praise Jesus for His example. He prayed intensely, so intense was His prayers that He sweated like great drops of blood. He is my example. I will follow His submission. His submission encourages me.

How good is our saviour!

No comments:

Post a Comment