Sunday 18 November 2012

Blessed to Be Born

For it was You who created my inward parts; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I will praise you because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made.
Your works are wonderful, and I know this very well.
My bones were not hidden from You when I was made in secret,
When I was formed in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw me when I was formless;
All my days were written in Your book and planned before a single one of them began. Psalm 139:13-16

For all those people who were born on the 13th day of a month and regard it as a curse, note these scriptures start at verse 13 and go for 3 verses.

I like number 13. There is a 1 (me) and 3 (the Godhead three in one) and the scripture takes 3 verses to explain how the Godhead being 3 were involved in my coming to be.

I have an aunt and a grandson who were both born on the 13 November. Both are blessed and equally special.

I have a new grandchild due any day soon. I await the birth with excitement. I, who did not form the child, am excited. How much more He who did is awaiting the birth?

If our God is so intimately involved in forming us how much He must love us?

He desires to know us intimately for all of our days. How good is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment