Wednesday 21 November 2012

Face Off the Enemy

May the Lord my rock, be praised, who trains my hand for battle and my fingers for warfare.
He is my faithful love and my fortress,
My stronghold and my deliverer.
He is my shield, and I take refuge in Him;
He subdues my people under me. Psalm 143:1,2

A soldier when he first enters the army is 'green', young, tender and untried. His training sharpens him, makes him aware but battle proves him.

The battle is where I become an adult in Christ. I know His ways when I am fronting the enemy. I understand that He, my captain, is there for me. I understand all that is His is mine.

I understand what I can appropriate in any circumstance. There is no 'No!' In Him.

My Lord has already won over my enemy but I must take my own territory from him. Like a chained dog he still is nasty and vicious and needs to learn that I know who I am and what is my authority.

God's word is living and active. It is full of power. It is my sword, my faith is my shield. It is interesting that my offensive weapon is tried and true but my shield is mine and has to be proven. It might feel like a tiny plate but each time I pick it up and use it, not only does it work, it grows.

Find your anger, find your voice and face down the robber and liar who fronts you.

You have all you need now go!

No comments:

Post a Comment