Saturday 10 November 2012

Freedom

We have escaped like a bird from the hunter's net; the net is torn, and we have escaped.
Our help is in the name of The Lord the maker of heaven and earth.
Psalm 124:7,8

The Lord is our deliverer but more importantly our saviour. I so grateful that Christ came and delivered us from the curse of the law. Living by a set of rules is not life but living life in the spirit, now that's talking!

Galatians 3:23 says: 'before this faith came, we were confined under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith was revealed. The law, then, was our guardian until Christ, so that we could be justified by faith. But since that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, for you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.'

I rejoice with all that I am that Christ set me free from the law. I grew up in law in Catholicism and laboured to find God in the law. Aaaaahhh! But oh that glorious night when he revealed himself to me. My chains fell off, my eyes were opened and I became his friend. What joy in my soul, I am free! Free! Free!

What a message! Freedom from sin! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment