Thursday 29 November 2012

My Seal

When you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and when you believed in Him, you were also sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.
He is the down payment of our inheritance, for the redemption of the possession, to the praise of His glory. Ephesians 1:13,14

What does a seal do? It keeps what is inside from being spilt and lost and it keeps what is outside from coming in and spoiling what is inside.

So then, the Holy Spirit, which I was given at my spiritual re-birth protects my new life from being lost or tainted.

I can willfully break His seal, to my detriment, or honor His protection.

My faith in Jesus Christ urges me on to walk a sealed life, a protected life.

My seal is not a bondage, far from it, He is the Spirit of the living God. He will take me on adventures that others will only dream about. He is my protection from disease and infirmity, He is my protection from all that would come against me. He is powerful, faithful, gentle.

Jesus said: 'take my yolk upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly of heart, and you will find rest for yourself. (Matthew 11:29, 30)

In Ephesians 4:30 the Holy Spirit is called my seal of redemption.

In chapter 4 I am encouraged not to grieve the Holy Spirit with foul language, anger, lying etc. He is gentle and kind, holy and pure and wants to protect me but can only do this as I allow Him.

Thank You Holy Spirit! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment