Wednesday 14 November 2012

Simple Faith

Lord my heart is not proud; my eyes are not haughty. I do not get involved in things too great or too difficult for me.
Instead I have calmed and quieted myself like a little weaned child with its mother; I am like a little child.
Psalm 131:1,2

The joy of being simple. A child, a little child, relies on their mother. They are unable to survive long without this connection.

How complicated we become, how clever and independent and rule bound.

We constantly think: 'if I do this I get that.' It becomes all about me and my effort instead of Him and His sacrifice.

Galatians 3:10 says that 'all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse'. Yuck!

'The purpose was that the blessing of Abraham would come to the Gentiles (me) by Christ Jesus, so that we could receive the promised spirit through faith.'

'Now faith is the evidence of things hoped for'.... It is concrete but it is not works. Ponder on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment