Saturday 24 June 2017

Are You Ready?


But sexual immorality and any impurity or greed should not even be heard of among you, as is proper for saints. Coarse and foolish talking or crude joking are not suitable, but rather giving thanks.
Ephesians 5:3‭-‬4 HCSB

The Lord is returning for a bride who's clothes are white as snow. Imagine Him turning up in the middle of a crude joke. How would that be? I think we would know straight away that would not be appropriate. Our churches need to uphold purity. We are to be the light to the world. We are that when purity is what the world sees and is attracted to. Therefore, in playing my part I must watch, read and endorse pure things.

Last night I watched two police drama shows. How lost the characters were. There was all manner of lying, deception and destruction of lives. I came away thinking, I must make better use of my leisure time.

The search for what is good is getting harder but not impossible. Treat it as a treasure hunt. I am creative and can use my time making things. I just have to apply myself. I want to be ready. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment