Friday 21 July 2017

Destined to Give

Bring the full tenth into the storehouse so that there may be food in My house. Test Me in this way,” says the Lord of Hosts. “See if I will not open the floodgates of heaven and pour out a blessing for you without measure.
Malachi 3:10 HCSB


This is our Father calling us to a challenge: 'come on son/daughter, throw me the ball and see if I, daddy will not throw it back!'
If we have parented we remember at what age this dialogue took place, when our children were very little and only just beginning in ball games.

Yesterday I went to an animal shelter some 5 hours drive away, to look at a new dog. I chose one called Oscar. Oscar has feet made of springs and love to run, jump, catch and play ball. Oscar did not need encouragement. I threw a toy down the hall and the chase was on.

Little children love to play catchies. They don't need a lot of encouragement. The heart of a Child of God loves to give and here our Father says, encouragingly: 'come on, try Me. I will bless you!'

We must believe our Father loves us and is intent on blessing. Let's release Him in His endeavour by 'playing ball'! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment