Thursday 6 July 2017

I am at Peace

I know both how to have a little, and I know how to have a lot. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being content — whether well fed or hungry, whether in abundance or in need. I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:12‭-‬13 HCSB

Being content and not frustrated by our expectations is important. When God said His ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts are greater than our thoughts, there was a reason: they are!

Frustration comes from unmet expectations. We ate so limited in our thinking and so narrow in our processing. God may very well arrive at a certain point but He takes the scenic route, whereas you, will take the highway. There are beauties God wants to reveal to us. If we always insist on going on the motorway He will have to hijack us and take us captive into the forest.

Relax, let God reveal Himself. He is beautiful, fun and His ways are very good. Paul knew this. In the scripture above he is saying: "I am at peace!" Peace comes when the struggle against God stops. Surrender is beautiful, to God, definitely not to the flesh. The flesh whinges and whines because it wants comfort. It is lazy and selfish. Dont let it rule. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment