Wednesday 5 July 2017

God Sees All


I, Yahweh, examine the mind, I test the heart to give to each according to his way, according to what his actions deserve.
Jeremiah 17:10 HCSB

We need to read the preceding verse:
The heart is more deceitful than anything else, and incurable — who can understand it?

Have you ever heard: 'let your heart be your guide'? Or 'God sees my heart! The trouble is: God sees our heart, we don't see it's deception. Because we feel good about a decision does not make it right. What does God's word say? Does our desire stack up with scripture? Or does it defy it?

Our heart is a trap, not a guide. Yesterday I read an article about why people buy the house they do, the main reason was emotion. At auction that same emotion will cause a person to keep bidding for a house that is wrong for them. Then, they must pay for the house for a very long time.

The same can be said about relationships. ' He was funny!' Is not a substantial reason to marry. 'She was so beautiful', alao is not good. 'But I just had to have it'! Is not an excuse to steal.

So.... What is the governor? Jesus said: " love the Lord your God with your whole heart, mind and soul and others like yourself.' If God has my passion I should be safe. Always stay connected and in good relationship with other believers. We think we are right until we say it out loud among friends. I trust you choose wisely. Belonging to a Connect group( mid-week bible study) helps a lot. Being in a church that teaches truth is important as well. Being open to others keeps us safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment