Saturday 1 July 2017

Love of Money



Your life should be free from the love of money. Be satisfied with what you have, for He Himself has said, I will never leave you or forsake you. Therefore, we may boldly say: The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?
Hebrews 13:5‭-‬6 HCSB

What does the love of money look like? What does the love of anything look like? It possess your thinking, you heart and your eye. This principle defies business logic. If you ask most businessmen why they are in business- the answer generally is to make money, a lot of it. Yet why is a Christian involved in any endeavour? To serve the Lord, making money is a by-product.

At Connect group we have watched a series on the Blessed Life by Robert Morris. An excellent series and one centered around giving. Basically, Robert says: " God owns everything and allows him to use it." If God owns the business, the money, my very breath, why do I become anxious for my life? My business?

If my focus is God, I must allow Him to be CEO. He must call the order. I must respond. As I respond I partner with Him to bring His kingdom to earth. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment