Friday 30 June 2017

How then Do I Think


For the mind-set of the flesh is death, but the mind-set of the Spirit is life and peace. For the mind-set of the flesh is hostile to God because it does not submit itself to God’s law, for it is unable to do so. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
Romans 8:6‭-‬8 HCSB

The mind that is set on the flesh has itself as the governor, what is in it for me, what do I get out of this? A self-focussed life is destructive and dishonoring to the Lord of all. As a Christian, I am His servant. The question is rather: how will this honour Him?

Selfishness destroys me, destroys my witness and my standing as a Christian. It is fraught with guilt and shame. There is no true freedom here. I am undone. Before the Lord I am filthy with my decision to clothe myself in flesh, arrogance and pride.

Conversely, walking in the Spirit is clean, humble and a joy. Here the Spirit dwells. We are not alone. We have company, good company, His company. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment