Tuesday 8 August 2017

He Became Sin For Us


He made the One who did not know sin to be sin for us, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
2 Corinthians 5:21 HCSB

I know a lot of people who do not know this. I mix with them and look for opportunity to bring them to Him that they might know them. The love of God compels me. I sense His heart in all this and as I know Him and His beauty I am compelled to love others. Verse 16 says: ' From now on we do not know anyone in a purely human way.' I do not know Christ in purely human way. He is Saviour and Lord.He is lover and friend.

How much does the Father love us that He gave His Son for us. Jesus was the willing sacrifice. We see this story in type played out with Abraham and Isaac. God told Abraham to take his son and go and make a sacrifice. Abraham knew God had told him to sacrifice his son but trusted God. Isaac submitted trusting God. Their faith was rewarded and Issac lived. In the natural we would now lock them up as insane. Yet Abraham became the Father of a multitude. Isaac was the seed and from him many came. God wanted the seed to be His. Jesus gave himself as the seed of our redemption.

My poor world rejects such theology as insane and not worth following. Yet if and when they do find Him, what joy is discovered. He is not a mean and revengeful God. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment