Tuesday 29 August 2017

He Goes Before Me

The Lord is the One who will go before you. He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not be afraid or discouraged.”
Deuteronomy 31:8 HCSB

These words were spoken by the 120 year old Moses to the nation of Israel as they were about to cross the flooded Jordan led by Joshua. Moses had been with the people for 80 years and was staying behind to die. God had told him he was not passing over into the promised land. Moses had submitted to God's decree and watched from the mountain.

The age of the people passing over the river was no greater than the 40's except for Joshua and Caleb who were both in their 80s. The previous generations had died in the wilderness because of their faithlessness 40 years prior, when they had their opportunity to pass over the river and failed because of unbelief.

Today these words ring true. It is God who goes before me. He makes the way plain for me to follow. I can trust Him. He loves me and has a plan for me, a hope amd a future for me. Amen!

Fear comes when I try to imagine a future without His hand and direction. My focus needs to be on Him. He goes before me. Imagine the mess without His guidance! Although I pass through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil
Shadows can taunt me but if my eyes are on Him and my footfall is behind Him, I am safe. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment