Friday 4 August 2017

He Will Not Cast Me Off


“I am the bread of life,” Jesus told them. “No one who comes to Me will ever be hungry, and no one who believes in Me will ever be thirsty again. But as I told you, you’ve seen Me, and yet you do not believe. Everyone the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will never cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My will, but the will of Him who sent Me. This is the will of Him who sent Me: that I should lose none of those He has given Me but should raise them up on the last day. For this is the will of My Father: that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”
John 6:35‭-‬40 HCSB

Jesus was being hounded by part of the crowd that followed Him and whom He fed. Yet they are demanding more signs. Here Jesus plainly speaks and says: " I am the bread of life!" They did not receive this well and Jesus knows why, their hearts were hard and not open. They had not received the revelation of who He was.

When the Holy Spirit drew me He convicted me of my sin and the goodness of God. Without others praying for me, would I have found Him? Probably not. Jesus, in the above scripture tells us that them the Father gives Him He will keep. I am safe with Him, He will never cast me off.

The will of the Father was and is that Jesus should keep all who He has been given. What is the will of the Father for me? That I should seek and save that which is lost and then not lose them. How do I do this? Pray! Pray hard, consistently and endure in prayer! Amen!

We know Jesus lost one, Judas. Was he given to Jesus? Did Jesus actually lose him? There is the question!! We do not have a recorded conversation between Judas and Jesus. Did Jesus have that conversation? Or did He know Judas was not His?

No comments:

Post a Comment