Friday 11 August 2017

What a Promise


We have redemption in Him through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace
Ephesians 1:7 HCSB

I am hearing an old song:' I am redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, I am redeemed and I know I am, I am redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, saved from sin and I know I am, all my sins are washed away praise the Lord!' Yes it is old but a good confession. There are many more verses lining up in my memory but they can stay there or we will be here all day.

There is another more modern one: 'Let the redeemed of the Lord say so.' We are probably saying a lot of things right now as our countries are immersed in turmoil, hordes of demons have been let loose on the earth: unclean spirits; hateful spirits; murderous spirits; thieving spirits. It is as if we are in hell, or not far from its door. Yet for the Christian, the one who believes in their Lord's authority over all, there is a must confession, we must make: the truth of the word of God, we must speak of His goodness, His mercy; His might.

My country is in turmoil over same-sex marriage. The government is determined that the Australian people get to vote and the lobbyists are screaming blue murder (an Aussie saying). Hatred is being poured out on any who stand up and insist on the vote, for which I am one.

I am in constant prayer and praying for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit and salvation. May we all know our God, that sanity prevails and we are delivered from hatred and destruction. Meanwhile we have a very real enemy in North Korea threatening to fire missiles at us. What a mess! It is as if God has heard the masses and left them to do exactly what they think they can do, His staying power has departed.

Yet, amidst all this, His word is true and ever faithful! Amen! Jesus encouraged us to fix our eyes on Him and I can also hear the words from Hebrews : 'fix you eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of your faith.' Amen! Stay focussed! Stay in the Spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment