Wednesday 13 September 2017

He is the Light


The true light, who gives light to everyone, was coming into the world.
John 1:9 HCSB

The Gospel of John would be my favourite. John has an insight and love for Jesus which is unparalleled. Thank you John!

Previously in the first part of the chapter John writes more about Jesus being the light:

Life was in Him, and that life was the light of men. That light shines in the darkness, yet the darkness did not overcome it.
John 1:4‭-‬5

Jesus is the light of my soul, not philosophy, Wikipedia or Facebook. Only Jesus opens up the maze and shines right through to the heart of the matter. Unfortunately I am so thick, it usually takes until 3:45 in the morning to touch base. But when it does, I can repent and move on. I can say 'repent,' because often it is wrong thinking or attitudes.

Into this present darkness that light still shines. There is no darkness that can overcome it, none! We are inundated with bad press but there is a light that shines through, a light that has answers, a light that sets captives free, a light that brings change, a light that heals. Amen!

The Life that Christ offers is the light I can live by. I am so glad I chose to say "Yes!" I am so grateful that He chose me.


No comments:

Post a Comment