Tuesday 12 September 2017

Let Jesus Dwell Richly


Let the message about the Messiah dwell richly among you, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, and singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, with gratitude in your hearts to God.
Colossians 3:16 HCSB

'Richly' is the operative word. The message about Christ is a good one, it brings life, heals the sick and gives power to the powerless. It is not an empty message or one just about being saved from sin. As we go into the world we must take the power of the gospel.

My Jesus did not suffer and die just so I could dribble through life. He wants me to go in the power of the gospel. The power of the gospel speaks. I watch clips from the crusades held by Daniel Kolenda from Christ for all Nations and I see the poeer of God at work. How dare I expect the lost to come to a powerless gospel!

Yesterday I visited a lady who was in distress. She reminded me of the woman in the gospels who had spent all she had on doctors. This woman had done just that and was being abused in the name of medicine. I laid hands on her and prayed for her. Although I had been a nurse and knew a way she might be healed I knew Jesus was better. He is mightier than any doctor, nurse or medicine. He is greater. I am looking for a miracle. Before I prayed I had spent a good hour listening to her, she needed to be heard. Now she is open. My Jesus is the answer! Amen!

As we have fellowship together we need to bring the richness of Christ into our midst. He is better, greater and stronger to save! Amen! Let's not dribble on about life's problems, as we lift Jesus higher He will draw all men! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment