Saturday 2 September 2017

You Have Won!


You are from God, little children, and you have conquered them, because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
1 John 4:4 HCSB

When I became born again, I knew I was different, I had a new spirit. When I invited Christ into my life I became new, I became His. Having the Holy Spirit in residence makes all the difference. His life and presence assures me I am a child of God.

Because I am a child of God I overcome, because of the power within me. Temptation has to bow the knee to Christ for: greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.

I must trust my God and His presence. He makes all things new. He is my strength and song. Amen!

I love John's language: 'Little children.' I can see a loving old man saying these words. Just as I would encourage my grandchildren, He encourages me. John knew and loved his Lord. He could speak with authority. John had loved Jesus from the beginning and trusted Him. I also loved Him from the beginning and need to stay in that love and trust Him as I invite my grandchildren to trust me.

Stay in love with your Lord and trust Him! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment