Sunday 22 October 2017

A Lamp to My Feet


Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light on my path.
Psalms 119:105 HCSB

What I find interesting here is the lamp is for the feet. Have you ever walked on a dangerous, narrow path? I have but fortunately it was in daylight. I have crossed rickety little bridges in the alps in Nepal. The bridges were so bad, had such huge holes between slats and they had no railings. I would not have contemplated crossing at night.

Why do I need a lamp for my feet? I am on a walk. Jesus said: I am the way, the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by Me. (Jn 14:6) This seems to indicate that the path I should be on is leading to the Father. It then behoves a question: where is my path going? Am I seeking riches, position, power or God?

I recently heard a message by Bill Johnson in which he said: "once the foundation is properly laid the walls will spring up automatically." I suddenly had a revelation that I was trying to build walls on a house but constantly struggling. The reason I struggled was obvious: the foundation was not yet complete. I repented and, with joy, vowed to concentrate on the foundation. I am now at peace, all I have to do is patiently allow the foundation to be laid correctly and well. The house of my life needs to stand against storms. Amen!

The word of God, written and spoken is my light. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment